Yes! You can enable two-way messaging and payments on your existing landline or toll-free number using Relay. Interesting fact; 150 million text messages are sent to landlines and toll-free numbers everyday, chances are your customers are already texting you, and you’ve had no way of reading these messages until now.
When creating a Relay account for your business, you will be prompted to set up your phone number. In this step, you have the option to either enable Relay on your existing landline/toll-free number, or use a new phone number:
Enable Relay on your existing Landline/Toll-free number
- On phone number setup page, select “Use my existing landline or toll-free number” from the drop-down
- Next, enter your current landline/toll-free number in the form field provided
- You will receive an automated call on the landline you’ve provided; this is to verify that you own the phone number you’re looking to activate on Relay.
- Take note of the activation code provided during the call, and enter it in step 2 below.
Enter Activation Code:
- Follow this link <embed url> to enter the activation code provided in step one. Note that the activation code expires after 10 minutes.
- After your phone number is activated, you will be required to sign a Letter of Authorization (LOA) sent to you via email. This can be done electronically.
- The LOA provides additional proof that we have your consent to activate two-way messaging on your landline number.
This process may take up to 2 hours to complete. In the meantime, we’ll provide you with a temporary number on your dashboard to help you get started.
To get the most out of Relay, notify your customers through your website, Yelp, Angies List pages, classifieds listings, etc. that they have the option to message your business and make payments by texting your landline or toll-free number.
See our <Roll-out Guide insert url>
Still have questions? We’ll be happy to help; just send us a text message here [relay_dashboard_number], or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.