When creating a Relay account for your business, you will be prompted to set up your phone number. In this step, you have the option to either enable Relay on your existing landline/toll-free number, or use a new phone number:
Enable Relay on your existing Landline/Toll-free number
- On phone number setup page, select “Use my existing landline or toll-free number” from the drop-down
- Next, enter your current landline/toll-free number in the form field provided
- You will receive an automated call on the landline you’ve provided; this is to verify that you own the phone number you’re looking to activate on Relay.
- Take note of the activation code provided during the call, and enter it in step 2 below.
Enter Activation Code:
- Follow this link <embed url> to enter the activation code provided in step one. Note that the activation code expires after 10 minutes.
- After your phone number is activated, you will be required to sign a Letter of Authorization (LOA) sent to you via email. This can be done electronically.
- The LOA provides additional proof that we have your consent to activate two-way messaging on your landline number.
This process may take up to 2 hours to complete. In the meantime, we’ll provide you with a temporary number on your dashboard to help you get started.
Use a new phone number in Relay
- On phone number setup page, select “Use a new phone number” from the drop-down
- Specify the country you’d like your phone number from (US, or Canada)
- Next, enter your preferred area code. Note that area code availability depends on the telecom network providers, we run a network search to check for availability. This means we’re unable to guarantee the availability of your preferred area code
- Finally, tell us what you’d like to do if your preferred area code is not available. You have the option to run another number search with a different area code, or we can assign you any available area code.
To get the most out of Relay, add this phone number to your website, Yelp or Angies List pages, classifieds listings, & other marketing materials you regularly send out to customers and prospects.
Still have questions? We’ll be happy to help; just send us a text message here [relay_dashboard_number], or email us email@example.com.
Book a demo, and we’ll walk you through Relay features relevant to your business use case, and answer all your questions. You can .